I refuse to accept Pitso's apology

I wish I could say good day to millions of the soccer loving community. Unfortunately this can never be a good day for me and it is all thanks to Bafana coach’s letter of apology. I read Pitso Mosimane’s apology letter over and over again with the hope of finding something that can heal this deep wound that he left in my heart. Maybe I was looking for the words ‘good bye’ from his letter, only to find salt to my wound.

What I picked up from the letter itself is that the coach had already dug an escape tunnel last year when he accepted the coaching role, this can be backed by his own words where he says (I quote)When I accepted the honour of coaching Bafana Bafana on the 15th of July last year, I said at the time there might be a mistake or two on the journey to Brazil in 2014. And I also said at the time that I believe I have the grace and the wisdom to accept any error, correct it, and learn from it.

The question is, how many errors should we really expect from him? How many heart-attacks should we surfer due to him? Pitso is not the one who can talk of errors and corrections.  In case Mr Pitso Mosimane forgot, let me remind him: 1. Pitso served as the care-taker coach for seven games during 2007, before Carlos Alberto Parreira was appointed as head coach. 2. He then served as an assistant coach to Parreira, before 3. serving as an assistant to Joel Santana.

4. When Santana was fired, and Perreira was re-apponted in 2009, Pitso served as assistant coach to Perreira. To sum it up, Pitso served in all three roles with Bafana, 1. Caretaker coach, 2. Assistant Coach (X2), 3. Head Coach. Unless the word ‘ENOUGH’ has lost its meaning, Pitso was given more than enough chance. Pitso I plead with you, beg you, to do what is right for our football by vacating that post. You have put the nation through enough pain please do what is right for once in your life. Your apology can only be accepted on the condition that you vacate that position.

Yours truly
Broken-hearted Broke Fan
https://plus.google.com/u/0/112581710844858620888/posts

0 comments:

Post a Comment